Chicken Chopped Salad w/ Roasted Garlic
| EnFuse Staff
- 3 oz chopped chicken thighs
- 3 oz kale
- 2 oz red onion
- 3 oz rainbow carrots
- 3 oz green cabbage
- 3 oz cucumber
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp olive (to lightly coat garlic)
- 1 3/4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1. Panfry chicken thighs (medium heat) in a medium size skillet
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove from heat once cooked. Set aside and let cool.
4. Set oven to 400 degrees.
5. In a small oven safe bowl, place garlic with a small amount of olive oil on it.
6. Bake garlic until it is cooked through and soft. Set aside and let cool
7. Thoroughly rinse the vegetables and shake or pat dry.
8. Place carrots, kale, cabbage, and onion into a food processor and chop into small pieces.
Note: Be careful not to over chop the vegetables or it will turn to mush. * If a food processor is not available, finely chop the vegetables.
9. Cut cucumber in half length wise; cut again to quarter it; finally, cut it diagonally to make small quartered pieces.
10. To make dressing, add olive oil, marjoram, oregano, onion powder, and apple cider vinegar; then, mix together.
11. Place chopped vegetables in a large bowl and pour dressing over top and mix.
12. Top with cucumber, chicken, and then garlic.
13. Top with fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!
We hope that you enjoy this recipe! We love feedback, so if you get a chance to try it, please share!
EnFuse Fitness, located in Enfield, Connecticut, is a veteran and family owned private personal training studio that offers pilates, massage, meal prep, and nutritional counseling services.
Proudly serving residents of western Massachusetts and northern Connecticut since 2010!
Copyright 2017 EnFuse Fitness
All rights reserved
Posted on 8/15/2018
Posted on 8/14/2018
Posted on 8/6/2018
Posted on 4/10/2018
Posted on 4/18/2018
Posted on 3/21/2018
Posted on 2/4/2018