Chicken Avocado Roll - (low carb / gluten free)
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- 3 oz pan fried chicken tenders seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced length wise
- (Mandolin (Amazon.com)) this will help a great deal with slicing cucumber thinly and evenly.
- 4oz blanched asparagus
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Heat your pan to medium / high, add 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil to the pan and pan fry your chicken until it's cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut both ends off your English cucumber and slice it lengthwise. Make the slices very thin so it can roll.
- Blanche asparagus in boiling water. Place asparagus in the water for 30 seconds and remove to stop the cooking process. Then slice the asparagus lengthwise so it is thin.
- Place garlic in a pan and bake it at 400 degrees with 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil. Once garlic is soft, remove from oven and let cool.
- Once the chicken is cooked, slice lengthwise to create long thin strips.
- Lay your cucumber down on the table; place a piece of avocado, chicken, and a couple pieces of asparagus on the cucumber, then roll it.
- Do this until you're out of cucumber slices.
- Serve with gluten free soy sauce or soy sauce alternative.
We hope that you enjoy this recipe! We love feedback, so if you get a chance to try it, please share!
EnFuse Fitness, located in Enfield, Connecticut is a private personal training studio that offers meal prep (meal preparation) services and caters to residents of western Massachusetts and northern Connecticut.
Copyright 2017 EnFuse Fitness
Photography Copyright 2014 EnFuse Fitness
All rights reserved
No part of this article may be reproduced or distributed in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written permission from EnFuse Fitness.
Latest NewsMore Articles